RemoteChatham, England, United KingdomDevelopment
Want to work for a growing studio where you will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games and new projects?
Dovetail Games are committed to promoting diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence, and talent regardless of any protected characteristics. At the individuals request, all roles will be considered for part time, term time only and job shares.
With a huge emphasis on our culture and wellbeing you’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported. We have an industry leading work life balance and flexible working is offered from day one! Want to work fully UK based remote as that’s where you do your best work? That is fine by us, though certain roles will require a more hybrid style with time in the office.
Our studio is situated in a river-front building in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Chatham, Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and 5 and Xbox One and Series S/X
We are looking for an experienced Technical Artist to work within a passionate team to support engineers and artists, and help drive the company in new directions in visuals and procedural creation.
- Develop, implement and maintain efficient workflows, tools and pipelines for the art team.
- Develop tools to assist asset optimization and to ensure assets conform to technical requirements.
- Review current and emerging technologies and technical developments for inclusion in our games.
- Share best practices, and be the missing link in communication of the art and programming tribes.
- Strong technical proficiency in Unreal, including materials and Blueprints.
- Excellent understanding of Physically Based Rendering (PBR) art pipelines.
- Practical skills with profiling and optimisation, and establishing platform standards.
- Drive to improve quality across our products.
- Passion for games and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Good documentation skills.
- Experience with Python.
- Practical knowledge of 3D packages such as Maya, Houdini, 3DsMax, and Zbrush.