Senior Development Manager
RemoteChatham, England, United KingdomDevelopment
Want to work for a growing studio where you will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games and new projects?
Dovetail Games are committed to promoting diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence, and talent regardless of any protected characteristics. At the individuals request, all roles will be considered for part time, term time only and job shares.
With a huge emphasis on our culture and wellbeing you’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported. We have an industry leading work life balance and flexible working is offered from day one! Want to work fully UK based remote as that’s where you do your best work? That is fine by us, though certain roles will require a more hybrid style with time in the office.
Our studio is situated in a river-front building in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Chatham, Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and 5 and Xbox One and Series S/X
We are looking for a highly organised Senior Development/Project Manager reporting into the Director of Product Development, to be responsible for the task management, resource management, risk management, forecasting and reporting on Train Sim World and Train Simulator titles.
The successful candidate should thrive in a quality focused and fast paced development environment. As a Development Manager within Dovetail Games, you’ll be responsible for working with the development and QA teams in delivering add-on content and annual core title releases. You will not only need to be involved in the process management and project management framework, but also supporting release deliveries on a day-to-day basis.
- Project management of various development disciplines and content teams: risk management, communication strategy, documentation, etc.
- Collaborating with team leads to establish timelines & deliverables.
- Managing a team of Development Managers and Junior Development Managers across concurrent projects.
- Monitoring change requests and reporting significant changes in scope to senior team.
- Managing the processes of the team, including feature development, bug logging and triage, ensuring reviews take place, etc.
- Actively identifying potential risks, working to mitigate them and make long term improvements with a goal to safeguard against more risk.
- Collaborating with the Director of Product Development to develop and plan schedules based on business objectives.
- Deal with production challenges and coordinating staff towards a resolution.
- Jira and Confluence strategy/management.
- Development/Project Management or Production experience in a games software development capacity.
- Exceptional knowledge of software product life cycles, tools, processes and execution planning, having led at least one game title through to public release in a project management capacity.
- Experience in keeping complicated, multi-disciplinary projects on schedule, whatever the fires– our ideal candidate is extremely organized, able to manage multiple projects concurrently and has the flexibility to adapt quickly to new tools, processes and challenges.
- The passion, self-motivation and courage to not accept the “status quo” and instigate process improvement across a development team where it would benefit the end product or the wider business.
- A good working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence applications and workflows.
- Project Management Qualifications in at least one recognised methodology are beneficial (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Prince2, etc.).